Topic: Financial literacy, Research and evaluation
Publisher: OECD - Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development
Location: Australia, Canada, Denmark, France, New Zealand, Norway, Switzerland, United Kingdom, United States, Zambia
Content Type: Training/Toolkits
Publication Date: May 15, 2018
The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD) is an international organisation establishes evidence-based international standards and finding solutions to a range of social, economic and environmental challenges.
The OECD/INFE Toolkit includes a financial literacy questionnaire that captures the financial literacy of diverse populations, first piloted in 2010. In 2015/16 around 40 countries and economies participated in an international survey of adult financial literacy competencies; using data collected using this toolkit.
The OECD/INFE financial literacy and financial inclusion measurement toolkit incorporates:
- Methodological guidance.
- A questionnaire designed to capture information about financial behaviour, attitudes and knowledge, in order to assess levels of financial literacy and financial inclusion.
- A list of the questions included in the questionnaire, and information about whether they will be used to create core financial literacy scores used in previous OECD reports (Annex A).
- Guidance on how to create the financial literacy scores (Annex A).
- Guidance on briefing interviewers (Annex B) and discussion around online surveys (Annex C).
- A checklist for countries wishing to submit data to the OECD (Annex D).